Payroll/Benefits Assistant/Specialist* (38 Hours/Week)
|Location:||Coeur d'Alene, ID|
|Salary Range:||Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits package included.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
*/ Level to be determined based on experience.
Under moderate supervision, performs a wide variety of functions and administrative activities in payroll, benefits, employee relations, and related areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities --
- Establish, maintain, and update personnel files, including HRIS and timekeeping system, providing user assistance as needed.
- Perform biweekly payroll including timecard review, payroll input, output, balancing, file maintenance, and distribution in an accurate manner ensuring deadlines are met.
- Prepare and transmit tax liabilities by critical IRS deadline.
- Input salary changes, benefit elections, performance review information, etc., into payroll system.
- Administer the Bank's benefit programs including various insurances, pre-tax plans, 401(k) Plan, COBRA, worker's compensation, leaves of absence, etc.
- Work with various insurance providers on annual renewals and other benefit options; then make recommendations to the Human Resources Manager as applicable. Coordinate and facilitate benefit meetings.
- Prepare and distribute various reports, including monthly performance/salary reviews due, sales/referral incentive tracking, overtime reports, personnel changes, etc.
- Monitor past-due performance/salary reviews and notify supervisors as appropriate.
- Process monthly sales/investment incentives and real estate commissions.
- Process payroll system quarter/year-end close and prepare related reports and tax returns, including preparation and distribution of W-2's by January 31 each year.
- Provide assistance to employees and supervisors regarding policies, procedures, and payroll/benefits to ensure the Bank is in compliance and recommend changes as warranted.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all employee information.
- Perform new hire orientations for northern units.
- Perform monthly reconciliations, cerifications, and Control Self Assessments as assigned.
- Perform backup duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Associate's degree in accounting and two years payroll/benefits experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.